This year's funny for me though. I've just appeared for my TYBA exams, and don't plan to complete my Masters or anything immediately. So the next logical thing for me to do is take up a job, which I would really love to do. It's a weird feeling, of not going to a new year of education this year, but to something that grown ups seem to do. For at least a year or two (till I resume my education again), it'll be a life of catching trains, struggling to make it on time, working, mad colleagues, learning to grin and bear it, and so many other things. Wow! I'm growing up. And kindly don't leave 'you-think-working-life's-gonna-be-easy-think-again' messages. I know it's going to be trying. But just let me discover it for myself, ok? Thanks.
Now when I get my first salary, I need to buy quite a lot of things. I can't keep asking mum and dad for the dough every two days. Aaaargh! Goodness knows I need a job that pays me at least a lakh per month. That should be enough, me thinks. For now, these are an absolute priority. And I'm thinking of pawning my pearlies till I raise the funds for all my needs. (I DO have very pretty pearlies. You can eat your dinner off them!). Here goes:
- An external harddisk (For the amazing movies stuck on Mikachu's computer).
- A Creative Mp3 player (To filter out the rubbish songs that the gym churns out. Race songs, to be precise.)
- Books. At last count, there are about 7,567 books that I want to read.
- Get enough fuel and roam about in my car. In your FACE, railways!
- Gym clothes. Track pants especially. Also, I saw these amazing Nike tees that I must own. Damn you, Rebecca Bloomwood! (What? Shouldn't I be rewarded for my dedication?)
- Gym shoes for dad. The ones he currently owns are a nasty grey that I refuse to acknowledge.
- Clothes. For the rains. I haven't shopped in the entire summer, so I simply must, now. I NEED CLOTHES. For those of you horrible ones who have money at your disposal, Inorbit has some really good stuff you'd like. AND DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON CROCS. (Hate you for back-stabbing me on that one, Mikachu! :O)
- Bags. Jute. Leather. Everything. Raid. Baggit. Atria Mall.
- Mikachu's 21st birthday. Want to give her a birthday she can talk about to her five hundred grandchildren on her deathbed.
- A big treat when the White Phoenix comes to Mumbai. Since that isn't happening ever, my money's safe.
- Take a trip out of the city. The last time I went out was to Kashid. Last year. Funnily enough, on the first of June itself. :'( This time though, I'm gonna catch a flight.
- Buy lovely stuff for the all the people I love. To death.
- Try out Thai food. (Now why haven't I done that before?)
Signing off. Hopefully the next time I update, I'll have a job or something.