Thursday, September 25, 2008

Updates on my life

Maladies have been bombarding me lately. What started out as just mild dizzyness (is that even a word? Frankly don't care.) became a mild form of vertigo. Great. I'm already saddled with leukoderma (which actually does not bother me in any way), and I hope this vertigo shit isn't here to stay.

I've been at home since Monday, and will go back to work on the coming Monday. Pretty cool, considering I did need a break of sorts, even at the cost of the world refusing to stop spinning. It's been really sweet how some totally unconnected people called and asked me how I was doing, while certain people who I see quite often did not even bother to message or call me, even if to wonder if I was dead or not. Oh yes, but these same people did bother me when they needed my urgent services, without even a simple thank you after hauling me out of bed. It's at times like these you realise who really are your friends and well-wishers, and who look at you as just some sort of backup plan to righten wrongs. I know I'm sounding really random, but hell, I don't even know why I'm surprised actually.

Anyway, Ro came to visit me, the sweetheart. Then took me for a nice cuppa coffee and basically cheered me up. Damn, who needs fuckwits when you have cousins like these? Mikachu is basically mad at me since we're only keeping in touch through our respective Facebook walls these days. Not good, Mika. I owe you a LOT of quality time.

Sweet Tooth is as a sweetheart as ever, and the only one apart from my lovely folks who even cares I exist. I'm going to prepare my Oscar speech here and thank Lammy, Phoenix, Pearlie, Shibani and even some PR people, who sent me get well soon messages. And yes, my boss for being a considerate guy and someone I can look up to.

I realise this is getting to be a really blah sort of post, but forgive me this once, because I am in a blah kind of mood. On a side note, I met the wonderful Phoenix for the first time in person last month. I've been e-friends with Phoenix since the last two years almost. I don't know about him, but after meeting him, I was almost clinically depressed that this person wasn't in the same city as me. I need a friend like this, who I can talk absolute and pure nonsense to, who has absolutely no hang-ups in life, who I can discuss life's problems with because I know I'll get a purely objective answer, who calls the next second you give him a missed call, whatever unearthly hour it may be, who is basically your Saturday night buddy. It's really funny meeting someone who's been a voice to you, someone who's mere voice is an important presence in your life. Suddenly attaching a whole body to that voice complete with a smile, laugh and paunch, is really something that takes some getting used to.

Before I set out to meet him, I was a tad worried. What if he wasn't as nice as he is on the phone / chat / blog, etc.? I knew people would be different in person; some may be nicer, quietier, completely different from your perception. But after I met Phoenix, I realised he wasn't as nice as I thought he would be. He was infinitely nicer than what I knew, and what followed was a nice grilled chicken at Inorbit, followed by a some very fun-filled quality evening spent at Hard Rock. It's so wonderful to know that there are some true gentlemen out there, and that all men on the internet aren't dickheads. I probably shouldn't be saying such nice things about Phoenix on a public forum like this, but by now I know he must dead from a chest that burst with pride. ;) I normally don't go overboard with praise like this, but that was an evening I want to remember for quite some time. :) Here's to a long, fun-filled friendship with my favourite Phoenix!

*proposes toast*

In other news, I'd been to Chennai for a day. Quite a fun trip, that. Bought absolutely delicious Mysore Pak. Apart from that, there's nothing worth writing home about.

I must say it's quite nice to be writing after long. I've been ignoring this blog a lot, lately, and I can't believe that I'm taking so much time between posts. Very, very bad. I'm not going to promise to be better, because I'm known to be incorrigible. :P

Anyhoo, dinner beckons. Must go. Much love. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

whole week off...Awesome. Me wamp. And how r u now? Ne idea wat started it?

ess said...

Vertigo? Sounds bad. What started it?

It's nice that meeting a blogging friend went well for you. When you keep seeing one side of a person, the side that they keep putting up on the net, you tend to build up your own image of what the person's like. And when you meet the person, it usually is a disappointment.

Mysore pak is just one of the things to get in Madras. Next time you're there, see if you can get the mirchi bajjis from Marina beach. They're oily, but oh so delicious!

The White Phoenix said...

A paunch????? Since when have you started mixing reality with your wierd imagination .

And I know I am awesome, but I don't mind praises, especially in public forums :D

But to be very honest, I had the best of times in bby with you. The beautiful thing was we never met like starngers. It was as if we had known each other for ages or as you put it "aeon".

My sea-food treat is still due .. so Oh awesome Moo, I shall grace thee with my presence againeth

Gentle Whispers said...

Did I ask you how you were feeling? I can't remember.. My apologies if I didn't, I can be horribly self-obsessed at time..